Before you apply
Make sure that you have carefully read the below sections on target audience, implementation mode, selection criteria as well as cost & commitment
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for innovative sanitation enterprises that have developed a business model which potentially could reach hundreds of thousands or even millions of beneficiaries beyond centralised sewer networks. Here is what you need:
- Sustainable and innovative solutions for prevailing onsite sanitation challenges or resource recovery for agriculture or as fuel.
- Customer segment in rural, peri-urban and/or urban areas.
- Registration as a legal entity
- Recurring sales from an initial customer base
- High potential to scale operations, impact and profits
- Potential to become investment-ready by the end of the program
- Appetite for risk & growth
- Openness for business coaching and expert feedback
Do I fit in?
We are looking for enterprises that provide innovative solutions along the onsite sanitation and resource recovery value chains (from user interfaces to onsite containment, emptying and transport of faecal sludge to treatment and safe reuse/disposal of treated products) in Kenya or Uganda. Check the examples below to assess if you might fit our participant profile:
Meet and work with us face-to-face during the program’s bootcamps.
Work online with us on specific tasks of the acceleration program and join us on Zoom for key input sessions
Receive individual coaching, focused training, and networking as well as peer-learning opportunities both off-/ and online
In the field
Develop and implement business transformation projects with our technical and financial support